Monday, April 13, 2009

My kid can do a cooler trick than yours!

Well.... It seems that Clara is so talented that she can pee out her belly button. Hmm... Interesting isn't it. The purpose of this tube that goes from her bladder to her belly button was to remove urine through the umbilical cord for the first 23 weeks of fetal development.(And then obviously after that it is not needed because pee is the amniotic fluid.. yummy) The hope and most likely outcome is that it will close on it's own by 4 months. If not she will have what Dr. Aunt Liz says is a "medium" surgery. I had asked if it's teeny or major. Apparently, medium. It's a 3-5 day stay from what I've read. That sounds not fun. My poor baby. But, sounds like it is likely to go away on it's own anyway. She had a granuloma removed from her button, and she will keep getting those and have them removed til it closes. Quite the trick huh? In case anyone is interested further it is called Patent Urachus.
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/imagepages/9667.htm

1 comment:

  1. that happens all the time. Actually I've never heard of that. I like the trick of her being to roll over better.

    ReplyDelete