Sunday, April 5, 2009

Grandpa Greene's passing.



Grandpa Greene passed away on the the 1st of this month. I've been thinking about him and grandma a lot the past few days. Even though we knew that he was sick I thought he was doing well lately. So I guess I was a little suprised. We are fortunate to have a book that Rick and Mandy made that has just tons of cool pictures of grandma and grandpa and their brothers and sisters as well as kids, grandkids and great-grandkids. We did a lot of fun things with them. I remember going to their house on the water and playing on their slip-n-slide for hours on end. Grandpa took us innertubing on the back of the boat, I remember having so much fun doing that that my smiler hurt. Grandpa making home made ice cream and salmon for family get togethers. A man that had a lot of character-- he always worked hard. He took really good care of the things he owned, and I remember as a kid even noticing that he took really good care of things. A quiet happy man with a big heart. I guess as I stand back and think about it life is so short. But it seems to me that grandpa lived a very full life. I will always remember him as a man that loved a lot. When he was here and hugged me or other people, you could tell he really meant it. I know he is in heaven now and with his Father in Heaven. And he's not sad. But we are, because truly good people like grandpa is aren't so common.

No comments:

Post a Comment